Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Exaivier and Ciera's Wedding Script for 10/31/2010

Here is the wedding script I wrote (with some input from Ciera) for Exaivier and Ciera's wedding that I will be performing on October 31st, 2010.

Dearly beloved, on behalf of Exaivier Osborne and Ceira Vasquez, I welcome you to this unification of the strange and macabre in eternal matrimony. On this day, All Hallows Eve, we are here to support and encourage the joining of two lost souls becoming as one. Both have led individual lives centering around the peculiar, the unusual, and the weird, but they stand before us today prepared to merge these lives together as husband and wife.

Exaivier, the woman who stands by your side is going to be your wife. She will look to you for solace, comfort, support, and love. Never should you allow her to feel pain, grief, suffering, or any ill feelings otherwise unnecessary. With that, I ask you to please recite these vows:

From this day forth, I am yours eternally.
Through black of night, light of day,
joy, sorrow, happiness and torment,
I wholly belong to you.
I will never betray your love, your life, or your soul,
for they are the most precious gifts ever given to me.
I thee swear.

Ciera, the man who stands by your side is going to be your husband. He will look to you for solace, comfort, support, and love. Never should you allow him to feel pain, grief, suffering, or any ill feelings otherwise unnecessary. With that, I ask you to please recite these vows:

From this day forth, I am yours eternally.
Through black of night, light of day,
joy, sorrow, happiness and torment,
I wholly belong to you.
I will never betray your love, your life, or your soul,
for they are the most precious gifts ever given to me.
I thee swear.

This candle before you represents the unity you both have sworn today. It represents the singular life you two will be a part of, a life made up of love, strangeness and acceptance. Upon its being lit, the bond you have sworn to share will be solidified, never ceasing, never decomposing. I ask now that each of you take up your flame and finalize the promise of eternity being made to one another, as I read this verse written by an anonymous author that bears great significance to you both:

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”

Before continuing any further, I must ask if there is anyone here who knows reason as to why these two souls should not be joined on this All Hallows Eve? If so, may you speak now and risk physical harm, or forever hold your tongue.

May your flame burn strong and true, even after its departure from this world. With that, I now pronounce you Exaivier and Ciera Osborne, husband and wife. You may ravish the bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment