Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Fall of a Ranger

Here's a prose based upon my "first crush"... I was a child of the 90's, what do you expect?

The Fall of a Ranger
By: Michael T. Flanders

She was Rita Repulsa and I was the Red Power Ranger. Our skirmishes happening daily, there wasn't a time we weren't together at recess. A feigned kick here, a restrictive hug there, my feelings betrayed me. I was falling for the enemy, what worse deception of self is there? My heart erupted with a first grade infatuation, the object of my obsession being a girl who attacked my groin. Little did she know each blow inflated the attraction, making me step down as leader of the Power Rangers to confess my love. This was my undoing, sadly, for Lord Zed's Bride had a storeroom of treachery, and a former Blue Ranger turned leader to admit her affection to... She became the Pink Ranger, discarding her title of evil to be with the pretty boy forerunner... And I was left to pick up the shattered pieces of my self-esteem with the brats who played Beetleborgs.

No comments:

Post a Comment